Volunteers are needed to make this event a success!
It takes many volunteers to make this event a success. Please join us in celebration of all the runners, walkers, bystanders and families of our Riverdale community and beyond.
We have plenty of roles and positions available, so take your pick! When you register for volunteer, you can choose your volunteer preference.
PERKS OF VOLUNTEERING:
- Receive your very own VOLUNTEER T-SHIRT
- Get community service credits (if needed)
- Get 3 FREE guest passes to the Y!
- Enjoy the post-race festivities
- Register online and indicate the jobs you prefer.
- Watch for emails from the volunteer coordinator.
- Attend training if applicable.
- Arrive at The Riverdale Y at 615am on 5/6/17 or At the predetermined designated Race location at 7 pm
- Stand at the top of the steepest hill of the race
- Jump and cheer and wave your arms
- CHEER THE RUNNERS AS THEY GO BY!!!
You will drop off and pick up Course Marshall at different points in the race. SUVs and VANS needed
- Be positioned at key locations along the race course to keep a watchful eye on traffic
- Direct runners/walkers
- Ensure that runners have a safe run and see that no vehicular traffic interferes with the participants
- CHEER THE RUNNERS AS THEY GO BY!!
First Aid Volunteers/Medics
Hydration Station Volunteers
- Be dropped off at Race Stations along the course to set up tables and water
- Serve the runners fluid and break down the station when the race is over
- MAKE LOTS OF NOISE…CHEER THE RUNNERS AS THEY GO BY!!
RACE CENTRAL (pick 1 station)
Food Court Parking Attendants
Medal Distribution (finish)